The workshop is designed for experienced technical managers who are leading teams of engineers on a Cloud Native journey that includes the implementation of microservices.
It does not require any foundation knowledge of microservices. However, a background in software engineering or architecture is an advantage, along with a basic understanding of cloud computing.
Following the course, you will develop the confidence and knowledge to:
- Talk about Cloud Native migration and microservices, including the core concepts and technologies
- Visualise the journey to implementing cloud computing and your part in it
- Evaluate the approach and whether it’s right for you and your organisation
- Understand the processes, patterns, tools, challenges, and potential pitfalls of implementing cloud computing
- Feel confident of your role in the transition to the new world
- Become the link between your company’s goals and your team
- Build an affinity with engineers and help them address their challenges
What can I expect?
The workshop will be highly interactive. We will encourage you to contribute your experiences and participate in activities and exercises designed to develop your understanding of a Cloud Native migration in the context of your own organisation.
You will leave with an understanding of the interface between the goals of your organization and your team, and the role of Cloud Native in your organisational strategy. You will gain some understanding of implementing microservices as part of the cultural and technical transformation.
Upon completion of our course, you will be able to:
- Describe the core concepts in cloud computing and a Cloud Native approach
- Outline the key steps in moving to a Cloud Native culture
- Identify the potential challenges and pitfalls in a microservices implementation
- Communicate your vision for the opportunities and outputs of a Cloud Native approach
- Develop the understanding, vocabulary, and skills needed to become the interface between the goals of the organisation and your team
- Core concepts in cloud computing
- The Cloud Native approach
- Aligning your vision and mission: your Cloud Native journey
- Technical leadership and microservices
To get the most out of this program, you should have a basic knowledge of:
- Software engineering
- Cloud computing
- Agile methodologies