Who should attend?
Software developers, DevOps engineers, and architects wanting to understand GitOps and gain experience implementing it on a Kubernetes platform. Participants will gain a solid fundamental knowledge of how to approach GitOps.
What can I expect from the workshop?
In this workshop you will learn how to get started with GitOps. We’ll start by explaining the rise of GitOps and then dive into the principles and practises. You will then set-up and use a GitOps pipeline to manage a Kubernetes cluster. You will explore real-world use cases and have a chance to explore GitOps for yourself supported by an expert.
- An understanding of what drives a GitOps workflow
- How to implement a GitOps pipeline with Kubernetes
- Enabling a GitOps workflow using Flux
- Familiarity with real-world approaches to GitOps
- How to avoid common pitfalls in implementation
- Infrastructure-as-Code and Continuous Delivery
- The principles and practises of GitOps
- Application vs Config vs Infrastructure GitOps
- Review of GitOps tooling - ArgoCD, Flux & JenkinsX
- Key architectural decision points
- Real-world case studies and best practices
- Working knowledge of Git
- Containerised applications and Kubernetes
- Basic knowledge of Cloud Native concepts and software development
Format & Duration
- 2 days
- Virtual Instructor-Led Training
- Capacity of 6-12 participants