cloud native for enterprise Amsterdam
Date: 10 April 2019
Venue: EYE Film Museum - Amsterdam
Cloud Native for Enterprise seminar
Container Solutions are proud to host a free knowledge sharing session for technology managers across the globe. This event will give select groups the chance to ask difficult questions about the realities of implementing Cloud Native technologies such as Kubernetes and Docker. World leading experts in Cloud Native will set the scene and offer an open discussion about the challenges that all participants are experiencing.
Technology is often the easy part but migration to a new operational model and mindset can bring a whole host of cultural, ethical and business challenges.
To register your interest in this event, simply complete the form and we will email more details as soon as they are available.
Who Will Benefit?
- Business leaders who play a strategic role in organisational success and improvement.
- Those who have some knowledge of cloud and Cloud Native but want to learn more.
- Those who are geared towards results and have a strong drive to use technology to take their business to the next level.
- Those who are aware that success is a process and requires a wider vision than simply plugging in a new technology.
Why is automation essential for succeeding in a Cloud Native transformation?
- Why Cloud Native can be deceptively easy to start but quickly become very difficult to finish.
- How to get started with automation and what to expect next.
- How to separate control and communication hierarchies to make sure information flows more freely without destroying the control that regulated industries need.
- How emergent strategy is used to balance learning with a control during a transition to Cloud Native.
- How the Container Solutions' Maturity Matrix can be used to drive change across a whole organisation.
- How technology platforms drive organisational performance and how to succeed with them.
Our Speakers will include:
Greg Hawkins is an independent consultant on tech, fintech, cloud and devops. He was CTO of Starling Bank, the UK mobile-only challenger bank from 2016-2018, during which the fintech start-up acquired a banking licence and went from zero to smashing through the 100K download mark on both mobile platforms. He remains a senior advisor to Starling Bank today. Starling built full-stack banking systems from scratch, became the first UK current account available to the general public to be deployed entirely in the cloud and met all the regulatory, security and availability expectations that apply to retail banking.
Jamie Dobson is the CEO of Container Solutions, a vendor neutral services company that specialise in cloud migration and large scale distributed system design and implementation. Jamie’s interests lie at the intersection of strategy and technology. Through their work at Container Solutions, Jamie and his team have helped some of the world’s best companies succeed with their migrations to the cloud.